Rotary Youth Exchange builds peace one young person at a time.
Students learn a new language, discover another culture, and truly become global citizens. Exchanges for students 15 to 19 years old are sponsored by Rotary clubs in more than 100 countries.
What are the benefits?
Exchange students unlock their true potential to:
- Develop lifelong leadership skills
- Learn a new language and culture
- Build lasting friendships with young people from around the world
- Become a global citizen
How long do exchanges last?
Long-term exchanges last a full academic year, and students attend local schools and live with multiple host families.
Short-term exchanges last from several days to three months and are often structured as camps, tours, or homestays that take place when school is not in session.
What are the costs?
Room and board are provided, as well as any school fees. Each program varies, but students are usually responsible for:
- Round-trip airfare
- Travel insurance
- Travel documents (such as passports and visas)
- Spending money and any additional travel or tours
How can I apply?
Candidates are 15-19 years old and are leaders in their schools and communities. Contact your us to see what exchange opportunities are available and what the application process involves.
- What is Rotary Youth Exchange: https://www.rotary.org/en/get-involved/exchange-ideas/youth-exchanges
- Exchange Timeline
- Long Term Exchange Brochure
- Majla Custo: A Rotary Youth Exchange Story: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtCm1V3u8fE
- Yoko Sekimoto: A Fabulous Experience: http://vimeo.com/47268841